The Health Engagement Worker will provide support to people living in an area of high socio-economic deprivation who may have low health literacy and/or complex health needs. They may experience complex social and health challenges and as a result experience difficulties accessing appropriate primary and secondary health services.
The post-holder will play a vital role in supporting Wellsbourne Healthcare’s vision to build a more supportive, inclusive and resilient community.
Once referrals are received, appropriate care plans will be established and this person will provide non-clinical floating support to individuals.
Regular activities will be connecting clients with appropriate support services, accompanying them to appointments, assisting them in addressing wider health needs such as drug and alcohol use, as well as other immediate needs such as benefits and housing.
The Health Engagement Worker has an important part to play in the general development of Wellsbourne Healthcare CIC such as attending team meetings, contributing to communications and working towards the organisational aims.
Manage and support a caseload of clients (around 15-30 at any one time)
• Develop an excellent understanding of, and links with, the range of support and services available to people in Whitehawk and the wider vicinity of Brighton and Hove.
• Provide information to enable people to make informed choices about the care and support they need.
• Provide support for clients, in as an empowering way as possible, as highlighted in the job summary. Initial key tasks include ensuring that any relevant GP, outpatient or other appointments are in place, and they are registered with other relevant healthcare providers such as dentists or substance misuse services.
• Ensure all clients have a registration/assessment form completed, that they understand and sign a consent form, and a support plan is developed and shared with the client and update at each review date.
• Ensure contact is made with new clients accepted following referral within 2 working days.
• Ensure the client understands what we do, the support we can offer and our aim to help their health & situation improve, including a planned timescale of our support and review date. The level of support will vary in each clients situation, level of need and other support in place.
• Operate within all Wellsbourne Healthcare CIC policies & procedures, specifically lone working, including using lone working device effectively and reporting of incidents, accidents and safeguarding concerns.
• Using the Wellsbourne Healthcare CIC database, record all engagements, including start and end time and details such as type of support and information discussed, with clients & related agencies within 24 hours where possible.
• Record engagement activity, positive outcomes, related agencies & contacts and use other database features as requested to help build up a clear picture of the client’s needs, situation and ongoing support.
• Use the above records to evaluate and identify themes and issues to feedback to the managers, directors and other decision makers with a view to influencing future service design and development.
Wellsbourne Healthcare CIC Development
• Developing new ideas to support people in living in areas of deprivation and working in a collaboratively manner with other statutory and voluntary agencies to support clients as much as possible.
• Be aware of, and helping Wellsbourne Healthcare CIC move towards, the aims and objectives of the organisation.
• Attending weekly team meetings, taking regular training and sharing with the team successes, learning and significant events.
• Provide a positive representation for the organisation both internally and externally, including promoting our work.
• Work flexibly, being prepared to perform other duties commensurate with the role which may include new areas of operation following consultation.
• Work alongside and promote active service user participation in all aspects of work including design, implementation and monitoring of activities.
To apply please go to: https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/vacancy/?vac_ref=915865580More info