Covid-19 room use instructions
When using the meeting rooms in Community Base, please note our guidelines in relation to Covid-19:
- Our reception opening times have changed to Monday to Thursday 9.00am – 4.30pm, and reception will be closed at lunch time.
- Please do not visit the building if you have any Covid-19 symptoms.
Due to physical distancing, the small meeting rooms can accommodate two people and the Conference Room 12 people.
- If possible, please make your way directly to your booked meeting room via the South Wing door rather than going through the main reception entrance.
- Please make arrangements for meeting participants to be received via the intercom on the South Wing door or by going to meet them to escort them through the building.
- Please sanitise hands when entering/leaving the building, using the dispensers provided.
- Please wear a face mask when walking through the building and in all communal areas, unless you are exempt.
- Keep left when moving around the building.
- Please maintain a two-metre social distance from staff and other building users.
- As Community Base is unable to sanitise the rooms between bookings, we ask that all meeting room users use the anti-bacterial cleaning products available in the rooms (on furniture and areas that have been touched such as door handles), before and after each meeting.
- Meeting organisers/hosts are responsible for supervising the participants of their meetings and advising them of these guidelines.
Room Booking Account Request Form
Use the form below (click Continue to view the form) to send us a completed Room Hire Agreement Form to start using our room booking system.
Community Base has three high quality and extremely affordable meeting rooms available for hire in the heart of Brighton seven days a week.
Our room hire agreement
Before you can book a Community Base meeting room you need to appoint a named contact person responsible for all matters, including payment, relating to your group’s bookings. This contact person needs to register by completing and signing our Room Hire Agreement Form and sending us the completed form using our . We will need the hard copy but you can scan and email it to us initially if your booking is urgent as we cannot hold bookings.
Once we have received your group’s agreement form we will set up an account for you on our online room booking system. If Brighton and Hove City Council are paying for your booking you need to include a valid council payment code when you book.
Bookings by external groups must be for a minimum of three hours in the conference room.
Meeting room prices
|Room||Tenant||External Non-profit||External Profit|
|Cost/hr||Min Booking||Cost/hr||Min Booking||Cost/hr||Min Booking|
|Conference Room||£15||1 Hour||£30||3 Hours||£60||3 Hours|
|South Wing 2||£5||1 Hour||£10||1 Hour||£25||1 Hour|
|South Wing 3||£5||1 Hour||£10||1 Hour||£25||1 Hour|
|Car parking Space||£10 per day||4 hours|
Meeting room details
South Wing conference room
- Capacity 12 people (with Covid-19 restrictions, normally 100)
- projector and screen
- sound system
Our South Wing conference room has a capacity of 100, a sound system, cd/dvd player, projector and screen, wireless internet access, toilets, baby changing facilities, a balcony, an induction loop and beautiful views over Brighton. Our conference room kitchen has reusable mugs, tumblers, plates and cutlery and a sink for washing up. As part of our commitment to reducing our carbon footprint we insist that no throwaway plates, cutlery or cups are used in our conference room.
South Wing 2 and 3
- Capacity 2 people (with Covid-19 restrictions, normally 12)
- wireless internet access
Community Base has two smaller meeting rooms.
You can book a specific room or book whichever room is available.