SCDA works across East Sussex supporting community based projects aimed at addressing the needs of those most vulnerable in the community.
The Strength in Numbers Project supports people in the local community to access advice and information. Community Navigators work closely with clients to create action plans and signpost to a wide variety of local organisations. This is a great opportunity to gain volunteering experience from home during Covid-19 restrictions. If you enjoy communicating with others, working as part of a team and would like to be part of a service that supports large numbers within the community this could be the role for you.
What does the opportunity involve doing?
What will you be asked to do?
• Contact clients over the phone
• Attend mandatory SCDA training sessions
• Work remotely and manage own workload
• Be reliable and willing to follow instructions
• Be committed to delivering a good service to clients and uphold SCDA values
The role may include:
• Calling clients to gain an insight into ongoing support needs
• Calling clients to gain feedback on the service received
• Managing a database of local organisations for signposting
• Recording contact with clients in an accurate manner
• Communicating with community navigators to ensure urgent issues are dealt with correctly
What induction, training and support is offered?
Volunteers can expect:
• A full induction to SCDA and the Strength in Numbers project
• Appropriate formal and informal training for the role
• Ongoing support from a designated volunteer coordinator
• Experience of working with member of the community
• Experience of working as part of a small team
What skills or qualities are needed?
• You will need to be able to communicate effectively with a polite and friendly telephone manner
• Have a professional approach when dealing with confidential and sensitive issues
• Computer literate
9th July 2020
Deadline for applications
30 Sep 2021
Children/families Community and social centres Homeless people Older people People with drugs/alcohol problems People with health problems People with mental health problems
Administration/finance/fundraising Advocacy/advice Other activities Volunteering as part of a team