Established as a charity in 2011, Read Easy UK provides confidential, one-to-one reading tuition to adults with serious reading difficulties, using trained volunteers. By helping people to improve their reading, Reay Easy UK also aims to help them lead much more independent lives, progress to further learning if they wish, improve their employment opportunities, and enable them to support their children’s or grandchildren’s education.
What does the opportunity involve doing?
Your role as a Pioneer will involve:
• networking with other organisations to establish interest and support
• publicise the project to find other volunteers
• build a team to run and coordinate free reading coaching in your area.
Pioneers can, if they wish, share the role with another volunteer.
What induction, training and support is offered?
Pioneers work closely with the Regional Adviser at every stage
What skills or qualities are needed?
• energetic, enthusiastic and up for a challenge
• keen to make a difference in your community
• familiar with local area
• self-motivated and organised
• good at networking and communicating with
all sorts of people
• able to inspire and engage others
• available for part of the working week to use
these skills to volunteer with Read Easy.