Based in Brighton, Spiral Sussex exists to support adults with learning difficulties, working to improve their quality of life through activities, skill development and inclusion. We provide holidays, out of hours clubs (sports, dance, etc.), social events, day trips, and a space for creative expression at our media centre. People of all adult ages attend our sessions and we assist them to create radio shows, music, short films, art, podcasts and more.
What does the opportunity involve doing?
We are looking for volunteers to help with activities for adults with learning difficulties at our day centre in Bevendean.
These activities include arts and crafts, radio shows, music sessions, filming, photography, day trips and more! Experience in care and support work is preferable.
We will aim to provide transport, as and where possible, as well as expenses.
If you'd like to join the team, please telephone 03030402860 for a chat with Jamie or email email@example.com
What induction, training and support is offered?
Volunteers will be given mentoring and relevant training on the job, including supported online training in:
- Health and safety
- First aid
- Supporting adults with learning difficulties
What skills or qualities are needed?
- You will need to be kind, caring and patient.
- You will need to be able to follow instructions to ensure the safety and wellbeing of clients.
- You will need to be reliable and able to commit to volunteering for Spiral Sussex for at least 3 months.
- Experience of working in care is preferred but not essential as some service users require personal care, depending what rooms or activities you are supporting access to.More info
21st October 2020
Unit 1A Prospect House
The Hyde Business Park
Deadline for applications
31 Oct 2023
An arts group Carers Disabled people Older people People with health problems People with mental health problems Young people
Arts/music Caring/play Sports/games Volunteering as part of a team