A local charity offering advice, information and support to families with disabled children and young people in Sussex.
Amaze is a charity for families with children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
We work with parent carers of disabled children and young people aged 0 to 25. We also support disabled young people aged 14 to 25 directly.
You can find a lot of useful SEND information and resources on our website. We also offer help in a number of other ways.
One service we provide is the SENDIASS service for Brighton & Hove and East Sussex. This is an independent information, advice and support service for parent carers and young people with SEND. Learn more on our website or call the SENDIASS advice line on 01273 772289.
Other Amaze services include:
SUPPORT FOR YOUNG PEOPLE
Our Amazing Futures project for young people aged 14 to 25 with SEND offers:
• peer support activity groups and workshops
• training for volunteers aged 18 to 25 (with or without SEND) to provide support to young people with additional needs
• career support programme
• help with claiming DLA and PIP
• accessible information and resources on our website
• we encourage young people with SEND to apply for our paid internships
In addition to the Amazing Futures project, young people may be interested in our Compass Card scheme. This is a free leisure discount card for children and young people 0 to 25 with significant SEND.
SUPPORT FOR PARENT CARERS
We offer information, advice and support for parent carers in a number of ways:
• publications and advice on our website
• Compass Card - free leisure discount card for children and young people 0 to 25 with significant SEND
• Carers' Card with wellbeing discounts and deals
• help with claiming DLA and PIP for children and young people with SEND up to 25 years old
• Face 2 Face Befriending support for families around the time of diagnosis, or other challenges
• workshops and support groups
We also support local parent carer forums PaCC (Brighton & Hove) and ESPCF (East Sussex).
Many of our services are available in East Sussex as well as in Brighton & Hove, see our website for more details. The Compass Card and Face 2 Face befriending are available in West Sussex as well.Visit website
Carers Children Disabled people Money and benefits Volunteering Young People
Community Base, 113 Queens Road, Brighton
01273 234020 (office enquiries)