We hope everyone is doing well. Todays’ post is going to focus on free positive resources which you can access online.
- Harry Potter at Home: Free audio reading of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone in its entirety, available for free on video and also audio on spotify. Each chapter will be read by a different celebrity, with new videos arriving weekly for the next 17 weeks. Chapter One can be watched for free here.
- National Theatre at Home: This weeks play is Antony & Cleopatra, streaming from 7pm UK time on Thursday 7 May. Bookmark it on YouTube.
- Yoga With Adrienne – Lots of free videos on her youtube channel for beginners to more advanced yogi.
- Big BrightONline Weekend Festival – As May is normally the start of festival season, why not attend the online festival instead. There is a range of events from comedy, to music to turtle feeding at the sealife centre! Full details and timetable on their facebook page here.
- Great guardian article here on tips if you are ‘Struggling to Read or Write During Lockdown‘
- Fender has released a 3 month free trial during lockdown for it’s online guitar lessons. See further details on their website.
- Mass Observation Archive specialises in material about everyday life in Britain. They are currently collecting and recording people’s reflections on their Covid-19 experiences. They are interested in hearing from community groups and schools as well as individuals. This can be in the form of journals, writings or drawings. If you are interested in participating please see their website.
Also if you need it here is a link to our 2020 Poster Guide on our website here. Understandably there has been a change to services since publication, but sharing in case of use, there is links to local mental health services there should you need to access them.
Stay safe. We will be back next Monday with our Covid-19 and service updates.