Martlets is a local charity providing essential care to people affected by terminal illness in Brighton and Hove, and surrounding areas. Our expert teams provide the very best care and support, helping patients and their loved ones to live life to the full during the precious time they have together.
Martlets’ care is free thanks to the support of local people, businesses, and trusts. An NHS grant covers a portion of our costs, but we rely on the community to fund most of our vital services. From terminal cancer and end-stage heart disease to neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, and Motor Neurone Disease, we’re here to help.
What does the opportunity involve doing?
Do you want to make a difference? Our wellbeing services are at the forefront of improving patient and carers lives. We are looking for volunteers to support the running of online wellbeing sessions which helps attendees to relax, unwind and de-stress. The sessions can also help manage a range of common symptoms including anxiety, sleeplessness and pain. The sessions are led by qualified health professionals.
What induction, training and support is offered?
A full induction to the role is provided and basic training on how to host a Zoom session. Ongoing support is provided by the manager and at team meetings.
What skills or qualities are needed?
• Experience in using Zoom (training will be given in how to host a session)
• Confident navigating online and email
• Strong communication and listening skills
• Friendly and approachable
• Supportive to patients and carers navigating unfamiliar technology.
• An insight into the issues relating to death and the dying, bereavement and grief
• Discretion and tact and awareness of the confidential nature of working within a local charity
23rd January 2023
Deadline for applications
5 Feb 2023
Older people Other groups People with health problems
Administration/finance/fundraising Volunteering with computers