The Girls' Network mission is to inspire and empower girls from the least advantaged communities by connecting them with a mentor and a network of professional role models who identify as women.
What does the opportunity involve doing?
Inspire a young girl to achieve her potential by becoming a mentor in Brighton and Hove.
Mentoring is an amazing way to share your experience and skills with a girl who may not otherwise benefit from this support.
The Girls' Network is an award-winning charity which aims to inspire and empower girls from the least advantaged communities by connecting them to a mentor and a network of professional role models who are women.
(This opportunity is also available in certain areas of West Sussex and East Sussex - please contact for more details).
What we ask from our mentors:
- To attend a mentor training session
- To attend a speed-networking event where you will meet your mentee
- To mentor your mentee for 10 x 1 hour in-person sessions over the course of a year at mutually convenient times and locations
- To travel to meet your mentee and make the necessary preparations for your sessions (resources provided)
What induction, training and support is offered?
- Intensive training session including safeguarding training to prepare you to be the best possible mentor.
- Skills for career development.
- Access to online support and resources.
- The opportunity to be part of a growing network of women across the UK.
- Dedicated Network Manager for ongoing support.
What skills or qualities are needed?
We are looking for women who:
- are professionals with at least 3 years experience working in an industry;
- have the passion to make a difference to a younger girl's life, supporting her to overcome obstacles and seize opportunities;
- have the time and willingness to support a girl from the least advantaged communities;
- able to relate well to others;
- good at working through problems;
- able to provide insight from your personal experiences.
15th February 2023
Deadline for applications
2 Oct 2023