ESTEEM is a Sussex based charity which offers young adults aged 14-26 opportunities to develop confidence, build life-skills and improve well-being. We do this by providing relevant volunteering experience throughout all elements of our organisation. ESTEEM encourages and values input from young people and we champion a youth-led approach.
ESTEEM offers support through 1:1 vocational mentoring and training, in a safe and supportive environment, ESTEEM enables young adults to help themselves to identify life-goals and eases the transition into meaningful employment, education and training.
What does the opportunity involve doing?
We are looking for 3 community-minded and passionate people to join ESTEEM as trustees to help take the organisation through a period of growth and change.
We are looking for trustees to join us on a 3-year term with a maximum service of 2 terms
Approx. 2 hours per week / approx. 8-10 hours per month
Pay - N/A as position is voluntary, however reasonable expenses can be reimbursed (e.g. travel costs)
Application: Deadline 11th November 2020
Interview date Mid November 2020
Start date: End November 2020
Start Date Mid-November start
How to apply - for a full role description - please contact HR@esteem.org.uk - You will need to send a CV and cover letter answering how you meet the person specification. Email to: HR@esteem.org.uk
We are looking for enthusiastic, collaborative and experienced people who can join our Board and are particularly keen to welcome those who have the following skills to bolster our capabilities:
● Marketing, Communications and PR
● Financial services
● Youth-empowered approach
We welcome applications from people from all walks of life and are mindful we need to be more diverse at Board level, so would particularly welcome applications from individuals from black and ethnic minority communities and those from the LGBTQ+ communities.
What induction, training and support is offered?
Full Trustee induction, training and support.
What skills or qualities are needed?
● A commitment to ESTEEM and its charitable purposes to support young adults in Sussex ● A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to engage effectively with the charity and the role of trustee
● Strategic vision
● Good, independent judgement
● An ability to think creatively
● A willingness to speak their mind
● An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
● An ability to work effectively as a member of a team
● A commitment to working in an open, honest and collaborative way
● Passionate about enabling young people's voices to be heard
Deadline for applications
11 Nov 2020
Being a committee member/trustee