Possability People is a user led organisation that promotes independent living for all.
We work towards equality by inspiring disabled people to identify barriers and define solutions.
What does the opportunity involve doing?
What we need:
To provide a citywide accessible Shopmobility service to customers by driving mobility scooters to and from customers at convenient locations around the city
Things you can do:
· To be based in Brighton city centre on call for at least 3 hours per week between Monday to Friday 10 – 1pm or 1 – 4pm.
· Be prepared to travel between the satellite sites in the Brighton; these are based at Churchill Square, Montague House and London Road.
· To give instruction to customers on using equipment.
· To deliver and/or collect equipment to and from central Brighton locations.
· To receive and handle petty cash
What induction, training and support is offered?
Can you offer 1 regular shift a week on a day which is convenient to you. We need volunteers from Monday through to Friday between 10 am & 1pm or 1pm & 4pm.
Each Volunteer will attend a group induction session with the Office & Resources Manager, in order
to familiarise themselves with the overall working practices of the organisation and to prepare for
their Volunteering role.
Volunteers will have 1:1s every three months with their project lead/ worker.
Volunteers must be happy to work on their own as this opportunity is based out and about in the city, with phone contact with the office.
What skills or qualities are needed?
Can you provide the following?:
· The ability to learn and feel confident driving a mobility scooter.
· A friendly and approachable nature.
· A commitment to the provision of quality services and support for disabled people.
· A preparedness to make a regular time commitment.
· A commitment to the principles of equal opportunities for all service users.
· A friendly and supportive telephone manner.
This role does not require any knowledge and or experience of a particular project or department. Please do not worry about the tasks – a thorough induction will be provided with ongoing support and training.
All Staff & volunteer appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS Clearance.
· An ability to use one’s own initiative.More info
Deadline for applications
1 Jan 2021