Assert (B&H) is a small charity, dedicated to the welfare of adults with Asperger syndrome (AS) or High Functioning Autism (HFA) and their families who live in the city of Brighton and Hove. Assert (B&H) support adults with Asperger syndrome (AS) or High Functioning Autism (HFA) and their families in Brighton & Hove. We provide advocacy and offer assistance with: gaining diagnosis/receiving support from statutory services, housing, benefits, education etc.
What does the opportunity involve doing?
- Assisting with facilitating the monthly Assert drop-in
- Assisting with facilitating activities and events
- Helping to run and organise activities/events/drop-in
- Putting service users at ease
- Encouraging reciprocal conversation
- Providing support to both staff and service users.
What induction, training and support is offered?
A full induction and autism awareness training will be given.
The volunteer coordinator is available to provide on-going support
What skills or qualities are needed?
Keenness to celebrate diversity
Ability to respect individuality
Ability to use initiative
Ability to work flexibly
Reliability and time keeping
Organisational skillsMore info
Deadline for applications
30 Jul 2020
Disabled people People with mental health problems
Volunteering as part of a team