Possability People is a charity committed to helping you make more things possible for you in your life, no matter what your situation. We work with disabled people, older people, younger people or anyone with an impairment or long term health condition.
Whether it’s helping you find help at home, or giving you moral support or advice, we have knowledge and expertise to advise you on what’s possible.
We believe in a society where anything is possible, regardless of ability.
What does the opportunity involve doing?
What we need:
The Get Involved Group works towards equality by inspiring disabled people to identify barriers and define solutions.
Giving disabled people in Brighton and Hove a voice, when services are planned and changed. We engage our members through meetings every 6 weeks, consultations, mail-outs and a monthly round-up. Disabled people their friends and carers in Brighton and Hove. The council and CCG through better engagement with disabled people.
The Get Involved Group is looking for a new volunteer to help us extend our social media engagement across the city and beyond.
Things you can do:
Our team of volunteers have the opportunity to play an active role in any of the following:
· Helping the Get Involved Group increase their social media prescence through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo, Glade, etc. to extend our voice to a wider audience and help promote our activities further afield
· Supporting other volunteers and team members to actively use social media to promote activity within the project
· Supporting the administrative tasks running the project
· Identify groups and channels through which to promote our work
· Identifying members preferred contact methods
· Researching new contacts
· Taking minutes, typing them up and sending them out
· Website: uploads, newsfeed section, developing a blog
· maintaining and developing our digital services
· identifying outreach opportunities, new audiences and channels to reach these
What induction, training and support is offered?
Each Volunteer will have a full induction with the Office & Resources Manager in order to familiarise themselves with the overall working practices of the organisation. Volunteers will have 1:1s every three months with their assignment lead. There will also be team meetings and opportunities to join our social get-togethers throughout the year
What skills or qualities are needed?
Can you provide the following?
· Experience in using social media e.g. twitter, Facebook, blogs
· Strong administrative ability and IT skills and use
· Experience of or interest in disability issues, self management and those related to reducing social isolation and loneliness amongst disabled people, older people, younger people or anyone with an impairment or long term health condition.
· Knowledge or willingness to learn about the social model of disability.
· Ability to contribute positively to team work and activities.
· Contribute ideas, attend team meetings and be solution focused.
· A commitment to the principles of Equal Opportunities and Possability People’s policy on anti-discrimination for all groups in society.
· An interest in supporting disabled and older people’s rights to quality services and equal access to local and citywide resources.
· To uphold confidentiality when requested.
· Agreement to be contacted with information about upcoming opportunities.
This role does not require any knowledge and or experience of a particular project or department.
Please do not worry about the tasks – a thorough induction will be provided with ongoing support and training.
All Staff & volunteer appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS Clearance.More info
Deadline for applications
1 Jan 2021