Alzheimer's Society is the UK's leading dementia charity. We campaign for change, fund research to find a cure and support people living with dementia today.
What does the opportunity involve doing?
Memory Walk events are family-friendly sponsored walks that are some of our biggest
fundraising events. Each walk is attended by hundreds of people and simply couldn’t happen
without the support of our Event Volunteers. By helping out on the day with fundraising activity or
encouraging walkers to complete the course, you will be helping us to raise money to fund our vital
work helping those affected by dementia.
What you’ll be doing:
• Supporting fundraising activity in and around the event site, for example holding collection
buckets, or serving people at merchandise stands.
• Helping participants find their way around the walk route by covering marshal points.
• Cheering walkers through the finish line and handing out medals.
What induction, training and support is offered?
What you can expect from us:
• We will make you feel welcome, included and respected.
• You will receive a face-to-face briefing from us on the day before the event starts.
We’ll keep you up to date through email communications from the team, outlining your role and
what to expect when volunteering at the event.
What skills or qualities are needed?
This role will suit you if you:
• Are friendly, welcoming and enjoy being part of a large event.
• Are flexible and willing to take on a variety of different tasks as needed.
• Are a good communicator and are comfortable talking to people from all walks of life.
31st August 2021
Deadline for applications
18 Sep 2021
Helping at a one off event or festival
0300 330 5452