Possability People is a disability charity based in Brighton & Hove with services across the city and into East and West Sussex. We are a user led organisation that promotes independent living for all and works toward equality by inspiring disabled people to identify barriers and define solutions.
The Engagement and Inclusion Team give people with lived experience of mental health a voice and we work closely with the council and ICB/ICS when services are planned or changed. We engage with service users through meetings, consultations, mail-outs and a monthly round-up. We work towards equality by inspiring disabled people to identify barriers and define solutions.
What does the opportunity involve doing?
We need volunteers to provide Admin and Event support for the Engagement and Inclusion team at Possability People by answering emails, attending meetings and providing general administrative support to the team.
What induction, training and support is offered?
Written communication skills
Verbal communication skills
Professional phone etiquette
Customer service skills
Familiarity with Microsoft Office
Meeting organisation and preparation
Multitasking and prioritising
Attention to detail
Newsletter preparation and writing
What skills or qualities are needed?
• Calm and supportive temperament
• Positive and enthusiastic demeanour
• Able to make a regular time commitment
• Able to maintain confidentiality
• Able to listen and relay information with precision
• Some experience of working in an office or administrative role
• Confident telephone manner
• Competent computer skills, including use of Excel
• Good organisational skills
• A commitment to the provision of quality services and support for disabled people.
• A commitment to the principles of equal opportunities for all service users.
31st May 2023
Deadline for applications
31 Aug 2026
Other groups People with mental health problems
Administration/finance/fundraising Volunteering as part of a team Volunteering with computers
01273 89 40 40