Beauty Banks exists to end hygiene poverty in the UK. We take surplus personal care products from the beauty industry, donations from the general public and a mix of essential products purchased by Beauty Banks. We then sort and deliver these toiletries to around 450 frontline charities, community groups, schools and prisons. In doing this toiletries that would have gone to waste are reaching vulnerable people or those who simply cannot afford to buy personal care products.
What does the opportunity involve doing?
Beauty Banks Volunteer Role
Help us get products to the people who need it! As a Beauty Banks volunteer you will be at the core of our operations: picking orders for charities, sorting products and helping keep our warehouse unit in good order.
• Ensuring quality and safety of items by checking for any ‘best before’ dates and checking whether they have been used or opened
• Assembling personal care deliveries for charity and community groups
• Helping to keep the unit tidy. We open up a lot of boxes!
What induction, training and support is offered?
Training (provided by Beauty Banks)
• Manual Handling
• Health & Safety
What skills or qualities are needed?
• Able to perform physical tasks including lifting and loading (you will not next be expected to exert yourself)
• Able to work effectively and use your initiative in a fast-paced environment
• Able to follow Beauty Banks' policies, procedures and systems
• Interested in eliminating hygiene poverty and committed to redistributing toiletries to charities
• Flexible – there may be times when we ask you to help with other areas of the charity if it interests you
24th March 2023
Unit 9 Freshfield Industrial Est
Deadline for applications
2 Oct 2023
Community and social centres
Other activities Volunteering as part of a team