Gladrags Community Costume Resource provides equal access to costumes and related resources to community, educational and therapeutic based groups, and in this way supports and enriches their work. The costume store is run by volunteers, and as our work gains momentum, the Project Manager needs help with the organisational/ day to day running of the charity.
What does the opportunity involve doing?
Depending on skills and interests tasks may include some or all of the following:
• Corresponding and liaising with members, existing and potential user groups, and volunteers
• Putting together organisational policies and procedures
• Creating and/ or maintaining databases
• Sourcing/ ordering goods and services
• General admin tasks e.g. filing, copying, phone.
What induction, training and support is offered?
We have a thorough introduction and induction to our store and the way we run things. There is a full health and safety briefing before anyone begins volunteering at Gladrags.
The volunteers are trained by the managers and more senior volunteers in various aspects of our activities, depending on their interests and skills. We support the volunteers by having regular catch-ups and we also offer out of store training for some subjects.
What skills or qualities are needed?
• Basic numeracy, literacy and IT skills
• Good people skills and ease with telephone
• Preferably an organised mind and the ability to record data, research goods and services and present documents
Deadline for applications
29 Mar 2020
Community and social centres An arts group
Research/media/campaigning Administration/finance/fundraising Arts/music