We hope everyone is staying safe and well.
- If you are based in Brighton and Hove and need support due to a covid issue, then this Covid Brighton and Hove website directory is a brilliant resource. It is also available translated in a range of languages.
- Stay-up late has produced an excellent guide to Coronavirus aimed at people with learning difficulties. You can view the guide on their website here.
Here is a round of some resources and competitions we have seen online this week:
- If you are a keen writer Creative Futures deadline for their ‘Writers Award 2020’ is this Sunday 31st May. The Uk’s only writing competition for ALL under-represented writers. Further information here
- Brighton Yoga Foundation are still offering their Free Community Class.Gentle Yoga for Emotional and Physical Wellbeing – Free Tuesdays 2-2.45 PM via Zoom. All genders welcome.A gentle yoga class combining movement, breathwork, mindfulness, and guided relaxation to help reduce stress and muscular tension, cultivate awareness, and create some space for body and mind. Beginners welcome. Unfortunately, this class is not suitable for pregnancy. Further information on our current outreach programme can be found here.
- Mind have listed their top free or low cost wellbeing and mental health apps on their website here.
- Food Partnership have produced another excellent post, ‘Low-Cost Recipes and Healthy snacks’ on their website here.
- Jack Monroe’s website is another excellent resource for cooking on a budget, here.
- Hay Festival have gone digital this year, due to be unable to open. You can watch virtual events online. Full details on the website here.
- This weeks National Theatre at Home play, is This House – A timely, moving and funny insight into the workings of 1970s British politics by James Graham. Streaming from 28 May at 7pm, UK time
- Grayson’s Art Club on channel 4 is an excellent programme which encourages the nation to get creative. You can watch previous epsiodes’ online here.
- The Tate’s website is packed full of resources, articles, inspiration and virtual tours of their collections if you are missing visiting galleries.
Take care and stay safe.