We hope everyone is staying safe.
As usual please find links to information here:
Brighton General Information: Brighton and Hove council are urging people if they don’t live in Brighton & Hove to stay away from the seafront, as otherwise it’s very difficult to maintain social distancing. They are also reminding people it is essential to stay 2 metres apart too.
Here are some online resources and events that may be of interest:
- This week is National Volunteer Week. If you are interested in volunteering, do take a look at the opportunities available on our website here, alongside having a look at Community Works’ Website here. Please note that some opportunities may be worked remotely due to Covid, dependent on the nature of the role. Do check with the individual advertiser.
- Open Strings are running an online sound and archive session on Friday 5th June. Join Bela & Bethan of Open Strings Music for a playful sound exploration using household objects to create music for archive radio clips. Further info on the eventbrite page here.
- This weeks Mind Brighton and Hove’s Wellbeing tips focus on Ecotherapy , discussing outdoor activities in nature , with lots of suggestions to try at home too. Find it here.
- Brighton Pride have announced We Are FABULOSO! An online digital extravaganza from the UK’s Biggest Pride Festival marking 30 years of campaigning, protest and celebration and helping raise essential funds for our LGBTQ+ community groups.Further info on their website.
Black Lives Matter:
- We posted a selection of images on our social media, from Das Penman on instagram,in respect and support of #blackouttuesday for Black Lives Matter, on tuesday.
Also the link here from our social media post by Youth Music Network it is a good starting point of resources including books, documentaries and people to follow.