Contract For Use Of Community Base Meeting Rooms
Bookings and Payment
- The group agrees TO PAY THE CORRECT RATE for all bookings as stated on the website and to inform Community Base if its status changes, paying the correct rate applicable on the day the booking is made for. We accept payment by card and BACS, we do not accept cheque payments.
- The group agrees NOT TO MAKE BOOKINGS ON BEHALF OF ANY OTHER GROUP, company, project, organisation, government body, quango, consortium, partnership or other entity with an identity in the public domain.
Groups that are licensees or sub-let tenants at Community Base:
- are invoiced quarterly in arrears.
- can self-service cancel their bookings up to 7 day in advance of the booking date.
- must give at least 24 HOURS’ NOTICE of changes and cancellation in order not to be charged for their bookings.
When not making a self-service cancellation, notice of cancellation must be given by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay At Booking Customers
Groups that are NOT licensees or sub-let tenants at Community Base and pay for their bookings at the time of booking:
- must give ONE WEEKS’ NOTICE of changes and cancellation in order to receive a full refund.
- must give 24 HOURS’ NOTICE of changes and cancellation in order to receive a 50% refund.
Notice of cancellation must be given by emailing email@example.com.
Invoice in Advance Customers
Groups that are NOT licensees or sub-let tenants at Community Base and are invoiced in advance of their bookings:
- can self-service cancel their bookings up to 7 day in advance of the booking date
- are invoiced 7 days before the date of their room booking, at which point the booking cannot be changed or cancelled
- must PAY FOR ALL ROOM BOOKINGS THEY ARE INVOICED FOR (whether the group uses the booking or not) by cheque or bank transfer (in which case the invoice number must be used as the BACS reference).
- agrees that ANY BOOKING NOT PAID FOR WITHIN THE PERIOD STATED ON THE INVOICE MAY BE CANCELLED by Community Base.
Safety and Security
- The group agrees NOT TO LET ANYONE INTO COMMUNITY BASE other than people attending the group’s activities.
- The group agrees to ensure the SAFETY AND SECURITY of people and property in Community Base; for example, the group agrees not to block fire exits, not to cover heaters, to use electrical appliances safely, only to smoke in designated areas and to use the balcony safely.
- The group agrees to ensure that everyone entering Community Base as a result of the group’s use of Community Base is aware of and adheres to Community Base’s FIRE EVACUATION PROCEDURE. The fire evacuation procedure is that when the fire alarm sounds everyone should immediately evacuate the building by the nearest fire exit, without using a lift, and go to the fire assembly point, south along Queens Road by Brighthelm Gardens. No one should attempt to re-enter the building until authorised to do so by the Fire Service or Community Base staff.
- The group agrees to appoint people to be responsible for ensuring that all those WITH LIMITED MOBILITY and other disabilities attending the group’s activities, including wheelchair users, can leave the building safely if the fire alarm is sounded.
- The group agrees that in the event of any EMERGENCY or concern about safety it will immediately contact Community Base reception on (01273) 234000 or extension 1200 or, if reception is closed, our security company on 0845 0702 407
Use of Meeting Rooms
- The group agrees to ensure that NO MORE THAN 100 people use the South Wing conference room and no more than 12 people use South Wing two or three.
- The group must include time to set up and the clear the room within the booking time. There is antibacterial spray and blue roll available to clean surfaces.
- The group accepts that Community Base is not responsible for ensuring that the group’s equipment is compatible with the CONFERENCE ROOM PROJECTOR.
- The group agrees NOT TO USE DISPOSABLE PLATES, CROCKERY, CUTLERY OR DRINK CONTAINERS in the conference room and agrees to wash up, dry and put away all plates, crockery, cutlery, tumblers and mugs provided by Community Base.
- The group agrees to leave all rooms and areas within Community Base CLEAN AND TIDY, cleaning whiteboards and flipcharts, removing its property, putting all rubbish in bins or recycling bins and returning all furniture and equipment in the conference room to the places specified on the notice in the conference room.
- The group agrees NOT TO DAMAGE any Community Base property, to immediately inform Community Base of any such damage and to pay Community Base the cost of making good any damage or loss caused by the group.
- The group agrees NOT TO PUT UP ANY NOTICES OR SIGNS outside, or in any part of, Community Base without the written permission of Community Base or use Blu Tac or similar material on any surface in Community Base.
- The group agrees to return BUILDING ACCESS FOBS issued to it by Community Base promptly.
- The group agrees to ensure that NO ANIMALS are allowed into Community Base; with the exception of assistance dogs.
- The group agrees NOT TO CAUSE DISRUPTION to people outside any rooms it books.
- Community Base cannot be held responsible if the wi-fi is not working.
- The group, unless licensing space at Community Base, agrees that the person signing this agreement will be the group’s sole CONTACT PERSON WITH COMMUNITY BASE and, if the group’s contact person changes, to give contact details of the new contact to Community Base.
- The group agrees not to use Community Base for any purpose that is ILLEGAL.
- The group agrees NOT TO HOLD COMMUNITY BASE LIABLE for any loss, damage, theft or injury arising out of the group’s use of Community Base or for any loss due to Community Base cancelling a booking or being unavailable for whatever reason.
- The group agrees that Community Base can WITHDRAW PERMISSION for the group to use its meeting rooms at any time.
- The group agrees to abide by any CHANGES IN THESE RULES Community Base notifies to it in writing or by email.
- Any group, who is not a licensee, will need to collect a key fob to access the building prior to their booking, if reception closed. The group agrees to return the key fob to reception after the booking. The group will be charge £5 if the fob is not returned.
|PLEASE SIGN BELOW TO CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS CONTRACT|