As usual please find links to information here:
Local Covid Support: For Covid related support locally please visit https://covidbrightonhove.org.uk/ : Their website has information and support regarding covid testing, food banks , collecting medicine , rent etc.
This week we are collating virtual challenges and communities you can take part in. Ideal if you are searching for some lockdown competition or a way to connect with others.
- Healthwalks World Walking Challenge: Wanting to give you daily walk some purpose? Join the Healthwalks World Walking Challenge! and log your steps and miles towards their virtual walk to Everest. Once they reach the summit they will be giving out two prizes of £20 John Lewis vouchers ; one to the person who has walked the furthest and the other to a randomly selected walker, so that even those who aren’t able to walk a lot are in with a chance of winning. It’s really easy to take part, see the simple instructions below. You can also join our Healthwalks World Walking Challenge! FB group for more details and to share your walks and ideas with others.
- RUNR ‘Miles for Mind: Miles For Mind is a virtual run bringing people together to raise money & awareness for mental health through running and in 2020, the Miles For Mind community raised over £268,000 for Mind which is incredible! There are four virtual runs throughout the year in February, May, August and November. Full details of how to get involved on their website
- Great Run Solo : Another running based challenge. Great Run are doing monthly accumulator virtual challenges, with a range of distances to suit different fitness levels. It is a paid for entry , but you will receive a medal on completion.
- Virtual Studio : Have you ever wished you could be part of an illustration studio, chatting on your tea breaks with other people who love to draw and make things? Look no further than to the Twitter-based Virtual Studio, get artistic inspiration, find out about the latest drawing challenges and see what other people are making! See website for full details, it’s a lovely inclusive project and community founded by Sarah McIntyre.
- Lockdown Reading Challenge :If you have set yourself a lockdown reading challenge and aren’t sure what to read next, The Storygraph, is a black owned website and appp that generates book suggestions based on questions you answer. Other users also set reading challenges.
We hope that you enjoy any of the challenges that you get involved in.