We hope everyone is keeping safe and well during this difficult time.
As we are currently in lockdown 3, we wanted to begin collating resources that may be useful for you and your family during this time. Each post will focus on a different subject – today it’s homeschooling.
As usual please find links to information here:
Local Covid Support:
For Covid related support locally please visit https://covidbrightonhove.org.uk/ : Their website has infomation and support regarding testing, food banks , collecting medicine , rent etc.
As many parents are hone schooling again, we have listed some great free website / videos.
- BBC Bitesize – Lessons for ages 3 to 16 + , lots of videos, and practical activities to aid with home learning
- BBC Teach – live and pre recorded lessons from popular BBC presenters, for primary and secondary school.
- Horrible Histories – is being shown on TV and iplayer as part of the BBC’s home learning programme.
- PE with Joe Wicks – Joe is back from this week (11th Jan) with more lockdown PE lessons. He will be live on Youtube Monday, Wednesday and Fridays at 9am. However videos can be watched anytime. Plus his last series of PE with Joe is still on his youtube.
- Timetable – If you are looking for a free printable timetable to help with planning , this one linked from ‘Days Out with Kids’ is very good.
- Phonics International – are currently offering free lockdown resources on their website for children 3+.
- Borrow free electronic books and audiobooks for children (and yourself!)- via local library. If you are based in Brighton and Hove, click here for instructions on accessing Borrow Box If you don’t have a free library card you can sign up for this online too.
- Headspace for Kids – currently offering free trial to their meditation app for children, to help with calm, sleep , focus, kindness and wake up!
- Sussex Wildlife Trust free activities – lots of resources and activities to connect with nature from home.
- Youtube Free school- videos on a host of subjects ranging from maths to Mozart.
- Wow Science – lots of science activities and experiments for primary school children that you can do at home.
- Tate for Kids – art activities, quizzes and learning on Tate Moderns’ website.
Next week we will share wellbeing and exercises resources.