As usual please find links to information here:
Local Covid Support: For Covid related support locally please visit https://covidbrightonhove.org.uk/ : Their website has information and support regarding covid testing, food banks , collecting medicine , rent etc.
This weeks’ blog post looks at free / low cost course and learning adults can do from home during lockdown.
- Free Opening University Courses : The OU has a range of free courses available on it’s website
- WEA Courses – WEA ‘Adult Learning Within Reach’ has a variety of courses, many of which are low cost and dependent on your circumstances it may be free too. Further info on free courses here.
- Learn a new language – Duolingo is an intuitive easy to use and free app for language learning, with lessons in French to Vietnamese.
- Open Strings Music Courses – free online, practical music training sessions for home and frontline carers of people living with dementia. These are funded by the NHS through the Ageing Well Partnership (BHCC). Further info and booking on their eventbrite.
- Brighton Met Free Online Courses – Currently offering some free accredited, qualification courses on their website.
- Instructables – a great community run website for learning how to make and create. Lots of project from craft, to carpentry and cooking. There is also a section for projects to do with kids.