As well as supporting people with their mental health, we help people to improve their physical health and wellbeing.
We value the expertise of people with lived experience of mental health challenges and actively involve them to design, deliver and monitor our services.
Salary: £22,151 per annum pro rata
30 Hours Per Week, based in Burgess Hill or Crawley
3% employer’s pension contribution (the level of this is reviewed annually)
Annual Leave entitlement starts at 25 working days (pro rata)
We have a vacancy for a Coordinator with strong project and volunteer management skills in our Pathfinder service in Crawley and Mid Sussex. As well as supporting people with their mental health, Pathfinder helps people to improve their physical health and wellbeing.
You should have experience in the recruitment, training and ongoing management of volunteers and knowledge of the role of volunteers in community projects. Together with excellent communication, organisational and administrative skills and the ability to work independently. Some knowledge of mental health issues is desirable.
Key tasks include to –
• Work with managers to further develop our volunteering programme and volunteer base
• recruit, train, induct and supervise volunteers
• organise and deliver group training and events including our accredited peer mentoring course.
• Make the volunteering experience as enjoyable and rewarding as possible with regular supervision, training and development opportunities
• create volunteer policies and implement these effectively
• keep up to date with legislation and policy related to volunteering and make any necessary modifications
• maintain accurate volunteer and activity records
• ensure volunteers work following best practice guidelines, in line with our safeguarding and governance procedures
• organise regular feedback sessions from volunteers and share updates across the organisation
• Monitor and evaluate volunteers’ activities, provide data, information and written reports as required
• Some evening and weekend work will be required
The role can be based in either our Crawley or Burgess Hill office, but you will be expected to travel between the two and to community settings. We are currently working from home due to the Covid 19 Pandemic, but this will be subject to change as we progress out of lockdown.
This is a varied and interesting role and you will be joining BHT at an exciting time as we have merge with another local charity to improve our services to clients.
We are committed to an organisational culture that values people from all backgrounds. We welcome and encourage applications from all members of the community.
In return for the amazing work our staff do we offer:
• Extensive induction training
• Flexible working options
• Comprehensive personal and professional development
• Employee Assistance Programme e.g. access to free counselling services
• Support from a fantastic management team
For full details and to apply please go to our website www.bht.org.uk or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 12 noon, Thursday 2nd July 2020
Interview Date: Friday 10th July 2020
All shortlisted candidates will be contacted before the end of the Monday 6th July 2020.More info
Deadline for applications
2 Jul 2020
£22,151 per annum pro rata
Hours per week
30 hours per week
Administration / Reception / Secretarial Marketing / Fundraising / Campaigning Mental Health / Recovery Workers Other Support Work / Caring