As a member of the Production department to provide an excellent technical service across all the Brighton Dome venues and to ensure that the highest standards of presentation and efficiency are achieved.
To provide technical support and assistance for all events including those within the Brighton Festival as directed by the Director of Production (DoP),
Production Manager (PM) and Assistant Production Managers (APM).
In conjunction with the PM / DOP/ APM’s to liaise as required with visiting companies and clients regarding technical requirements for productions and events. To attend site visits and production meetings as required.
To ensure that pre-determined production standards are met on the event day and that all events are presented to a high standard.
Duties to include:
• Rigging of LX (incl. moving lights) with some design
• Focussing lights
• Rigging of PA
• Rigging projection and screens
• General rigging and flying
• Operating ETC and other lighting boards
• Operating sound boards(digital/analogue)
• Operating video and content for projection.
• Building of rostra and stage platforms
• Hanging drapery
• Working at height
• Assisting in and supervising Concert Hall seating turnarounds.
• Assisting in and supervising of get-ins and get-outs.
• The loading and unloading of trucks [for non ‘rock and roll’ events]
• Maintenance of lighting and audio equipment.
• In conjunction with other operational departments assist in room set up’s and turnarounds as required, including in off-site venues for the Brighton May Festival.
• Undertaking production roles for livestreaming and other developing digital technologies.
• To act as duty technician when required. Leading technical fit ups and running technical crews. Taking responsibility for the smooth running of all technical and backstage aspects of events. On designated events to act as the lead point of contact for visiting companies and promoters.
• To be aware and responsible for the implementation of all aspects of the Health and Safety policy on stage and in all technical areas of the Brighton Dome venues.
• To assist with provision of technical requirements for accessibility provisions in productions (e.g. captioning, assisted listening systems, audio description).
• To attend training and achieve competency in emergency procedures.
• To complete show reports within agreed timescales and identify additional hours and equipment recharges as necessary.
• To provide accurate records of hours worked and overtime. To complete holiday and sickness records in line with company procedure.
• To assist in helping to ensure that all event related hires are ordered accurately and in a timely manner and that returns are made in a similar manner.
• To use Artifax as a tool for centralising all
As a Technician in our Production department, you will be required to provide excellent technical service across all the Brighton Dome and Festival venues and to ensure that the highest production standards and efficiency are achieved. We are currently looking for a technician with specialism in Sound.
You will be expected to provide technical support and assistance for all allocated events including those within the Year-Round and Brighton Festival Programming as directed by the Director of Production, Production Manager, and Assistant Production Managers.
In conjunction with management, to liaise as required with in-house producers, front of house teams and visiting companies and clients regarding technical requirements for productions and events. To attend site visits and production meetings as required.
To ensure that pre-determined production standards are met on the event day and that all events are presented to a high standard. You are expected to be a proactive, constructive, and supportive team member. You should have knowledge of Health and Safety regulations and knowledge of all art forms.
Successful applicants must have demonstrable experience in a similar role within a multi-purpose arts and conference venue. Candidates must be competent in all technical aspects of lighting, sound, and AV.
To download further information about the role please visit our website: https://brightondome.org/about/jobs/
Video applications are also acceptable for this role and can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 22nd September 2023.
Interviews: week beginning 25th September.
Brighton Dome and Festival Ltd is a registered charity and pursues a policy of equal opportunities. Brighton Dome & Festival values diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds and all parts of the community, particularly people from ethnic minorities who are currently under-represented. All applications are judged on merit.More info