Those who do not hold this qualification are paid a salary of £24,643 (based on a base salary of £21,255.80 per year plus one sleep in per week and an on-call enhancement) increasing to £27,475 (based on a base salary of £24,088 per year plus one sleep in per week and an on-call enhancement). In addition to these excellent rates of pay, you will receive free leadership training, be reimbursed for expenses incurred whilst on shift and enjoy an annual leave entitlement that increases with service.
To Apply: copy and paste the following into your web browser and click "Apply" on our website: https://sussexempoweredliving.co.uk/work-for-us/current-vacancies/
At Sussex Empowered Living we support adults aged 18 to 65 with autism, mental health conditions and/or a learning disability. We help those under our care and support to achieve their personal goals and maximise their independence within their own homes and in the local community. Our speciality is the provision of a supported living service to individuals with the above diagnoses who are also transgender or identify as non-binary.
As a Team Leader with us you will be part of a friendly, supportive team where each member of staff is encouraged and enabled to build upon their skills by being offered free training and, for the right people, opportunities to progress within the company. Due to the diverse nature of our client base, we are interested in receiving applications from all demographics.
Your role will include ensuring the smooth running of this highly person-centred service and all that this entails. This will include providing support to Service Users as part of the operational rota when required to supervising the support staff to achieve our high care standards.
To be considered for the role, it is essential that you:
• have the right to work in the UK
• have strong experience of supervising or managing staff in a care environment
• are task orientated and organised and able/confident to work from your own initiative
• have good written and verbal communication
• are able to be flexible with shift patterns (to include evenings and weekends and potentially sleep-ins)
• have basic knowledge of and competence in core Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and Windows based operating environments
• Are able to embrace our transgender and non-binary specialism
• Are committed to providing great customer service
It is preferable (but not essential) that you:
• have a full/current UK driving licence
• have at least an NVQ 3 in Health and Social Care (or equivalent)
Application closing date: Monday, 20th September 2021
Interview date: Wednesday, 22nd September 2021. – or before if time allows
Sussex Empowered Living is an equal opportunities employer.
All successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Applicants with the following job titles will also be considered for the role: Care Worker, Support worker, Care Giver, Care Assistant, Home Care Support Worker.More info