Growing up is a challenge for everyone, but for some it's more difficult than others. Our program offers practical and emotional support so that young people can enter adulthood with the confidence they need to achieve their full potential.
Leaving home is a challenge for everyone, but young people leaving care often do so without the support of a loving family.
Help a young person adapt to adulthood.
If you're unsure if you're ready to foster, you could start by welcoming a young person aged 16 or over into your home. We call this supported lodging. It protects anyone who is leaving a local council's care or who is at risk of homelessness. By welcoming a young person into your home, you can provide emotional support and help them learn the everyday, practical skills they will need for adult life.
All you need is time to care.
All you need is a spare room in your safe and supportive home and the time to teach simple skills to a young person. Everybody is different, but they may need help with:
getting into education, training or work, managing money, learning to cook and do housework, attending appointments, building confidence, finding a home etc.
* Flexible induction training program.
* Host support and supervision sessions.
* Approved hosts benefit from on-going bespoke training.
* A dedicated key worker, 24/7 support.
* An allowance of up to £150 week (£600 per month) for providing lodgings and support for the young person. *a larger allowance is available for our emergency placements.
(Our hosts can be working full or part time and still take on a host role).More info