The role of the Support Worker is to provide housing-related and flexible tailored support to people with mental health and complex support needs. They will be responsible for a caseload of clients, and provide a range of 1:1 and group-work support; this will include supporting clients to:
• Access mental health/addiction/health services
• Ensure income maximization, including support to obtain work, learning, and voluntary opportunities
• Understand financial planning, including budgeting, saving, paying utilities, paying rent.
• Prepare to move on to independent living, including life-skills, arrears prevention and behavior change
• Improve their mental health and wellbeing, including the use of recovery-focused support and safety tools
• Maintain their accommodation, including health, safety, and hygiene support
• A two-week paid Induction
• Supportive team and management
• Positive and Dynamic working environment
• Opportunities for Training
Salary: £23,134 per annum, pro rata
Additional on call cover payments, if support out of hours is required
5.5% (Reviewed annually) pension contribution
37 hours per week: 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday, plus one weekend a month (10am – 6pm) for which time off in the week is given.
Based in Brighton.
Annual Leave entitlement starts at 25 working days per annum (pro rata) rising 1 day for each year of service to a maximum of 30 days pro rata. All public bank holidays are granted with two extra statutory days, to be taken over the Christmas period.
Closing Date: 12 noon: Thursday 11th March 2021
Interview Date: Friday 19th March 2021More info