We are looking to recruit a solution-focused Support Worker, known internally as a Project Worker, to join our team to provide a high level of support in a compassionate, skilled and dynamic way. The successful candidate will have exceptional team-working skills, the ability to maintain a positive outlook whilst working with clients and be able to work effectively in challenging situations.
The working pattern of this role is between 8am – 6pm, Monday – Friday.
What we’re looking for
The successful candidate will show an understanding of the needs of homeless people, especially those with complex needs. Enthusiasm, a team player and can do attitude, and a non-judgmental approach are essential for the successful post holders.
In order to be able to establish an effective working relationship with clients, you should also possess good interpersonal and listening skills. Good numeracy, I.T and written communication skills, which will include report writing and producing support plans are also required.
We welcome applications from candidates who have transferable skills from other sectors as well as candidates who have experience of working in a similar environment.
What we offer
Excellent Development and Growth Opportunities
• We hold Investors in People Gold accreditation – one of just 3% of Housing Associations to achieve this. 82% of staff who took part in the survey say St Mungo’s is a great place to work.
• We are committed to developing all of our staff via routes such as secondments, transfers and promotion. In 2019 35% of our vacancies were filled by internal promotions.
A Diverse and Inclusive Work Place
• Equality, diversity and inclusion are central to the organisation's values and how we work.
• We are proud of our commitment to diversity and inclusion and have 8 great Diversity Networks to support clients and staff from different backgrounds so they are able to be their best selves.
Pay and Other Benefits
• St Mungo’s is proud to pay client facing staff above average for the sector. We run a cycle to work scheme and also offer season tickets loans to all staff.
• St Mungo’s contribute 4% of your gross annual salary, and you are able to enrol in the Defined Contribution scheme following a successful probationary period in which the employer contribution is 6%.
What we do
At St Mungo’s our vision is that everyone has a place to call home and can fulfil their hopes and ambitions. As a homelessness charity and housing association, our clients are at the heart of what we do, and in 2019 we supported nearly 30,000 people who were either homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. Our staff are crucial to making this happen.
How to apply
To find out more and apply please go to the St Mungo’s careers page on our website.
To view the job description and guidance on completing your application form, please click on the document available tab at the top of the advert page on our website.
Closing date: 10am on 16 September 2021
Interview and assessments on: 28 September, to take place via video call
It is a requirement for this post that an enhanced DBS disclosure check will be undertaken for the successful candidate.
Please be advised that all appointments will be made on St Mungo’s current standard Terms and Conditions (T&Cs); this also applies to any internal candidates.More info