At Sussex Empowered Living we support adults aged 18 to 65 with autism, mental health conditions and/or a learning disability. We help those under our care and support to achieve their personal goals and maximise their independence within their own homes and in the local community. Our speciality is the provision of a supported living service to individuals with the above diagnoses who are also transgender or identify as non-binary.
As a Community Caseworker (advanced Support Worker) with us you will be part of a friendly, supportive team where each member of staff is encouraged and enabled to build upon their skills by being offered free training and, for the right people, opportunities to progress within the company. Due to the diverse nature of our client base, we are interested in receiving applications from all demographics.
Your role will include supporting those under our care and support to access the wider community; develop and build upon their life skills and progress in areas that they themselves identify as important.
To be considered for the role, it is essential that you:
· have the right to work in the UK
· have some experience of working with people who have complex needs, whether that be on a paid, voluntary or personal basis
· Are able to commit to the minimum shift acceptance requirement of 6 shifts per month, including some weekend work
· have good written and verbal communication
· are able to be flexible with shift patterns (to include evenings, weekends and sleep-ins)
· are proficient with Microsoft Word, email and search engines.
· Are able to embrace our transgender and non-binary specialism
· Are committed to providing great customer service
It is preferable (but not essential) that you:
have a full/current UK driving licence
Application closing date: Monday, 19 April 2021
Interview date: Wednesday, 21 April 2021
Sussex Empowered Living is an equal opportunities employer.
All successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Applicants with the following job titles will also be considered for the role: Care Worker, Support worker, Care Giver, Care Assistant, Home Care Support Worker.More info