This post is restricted to female applicants only under Section 7(2) (e) of the Equality Act 2010
Threshold is a psychologically and trauma-informed service which supports women who are experiencing mental ill-health and emotional distress, including anxiety, depression, thoughts of suicide, and self-injury.
Whilst the women’s counselling service is currently not working with clients, support is being provided to women through an innovative new post and we are recruiting for a part time Specialist Worker to join the team.
• Specialist Worker
• Fixed Term Contract until 31st March 2022
• Salary: £27,325 per annum pro rata
• 21 hours per week, based in Brighton
• 5.5% employer’s pension contribution (the level of this is reviewed annually).
• Annual Leave entitlement starts at 25 working days (pro rata)
The post holder will be responsible for delivering a high-quality gender and trauma-informed service to women within BHT services with mental health and complex needs, which will include:
• Devising and facilitating a range of psycho-educational and/or therapeutic groups
• Delivering recovery-focused wellbeing classes and self-help workshops
• Providing specialist support to address the needs of women with trauma-related complex needs, including trauma resolution work and 1:1 stabilisation support
• Consulting with women, service providers and internal/external services to fill gaps in provision
• Providing flexible, creative, solution focused and person centred 1:1 support
• Working closely and collaboratively with internal colleagues, relevant statutory and third sector services and attending relevant meeting and forums
For full details and to apply please go to our website www.bht.org.uk or email email@example.com
Closing Date: 12 noon, Monday 19th October 2020
Interview Date: Monday 2nd November 2020