Be paid to train as a Residential Care Specialist
Do you aspire to climb up the career ladder? Would you like to be a Team Leader or Residential Manager one day?
Start as a Residential Waking Night Support Worker and we will support you one very step of your journey. Investing in your growth, St. John’s actively promotes career development. There are always opportunities to get further training, qualifications and apply for management roles.
Our Core Values:
We expect you to share the above values as an employee and promote them to the young people we offer our services to throughout their journey at St. John’s.
Our environment is challenging and resilience is important but we are proud of the highly rewarding work we do here at St. John’s.
Residential Waking Night Support Worker, St. John’s College
College View is a diverse and creative setting. In the recent inspection, staff said they were ‘proud to work there’. We are primarily looking for male candidates, due to the young people needing a range of role models.
We support a group of young people aged 19-25 with a diverse range of additional needs and you will need to be adaptable with your communication style. Staff need to be aware, proactive and ensure our young people are supported effectively.
The benefits of joining our team include:
• Free healthcare cash plan
• Free training, ongoing career development and the opportunity to obtain nationally recognised qualifications;
• Continuous opportunities for developing into new roles, both sideward into different departments as well as upwards, taking on more responsibility;
• Cinema, wellbeing, gym and health discounts at local providers;
• Dedication to our employees’ wellbeing, including a wellbeing drop-in service, free counselling and wellbeing coaching.
• Salary increase once you’ve completed probation with clear salary levels thereafter and bonuses on completion of 1 year and 25 months service
Specifics to role:
• 48 hours per week, as per rota. This includes weekends and bank holidays.
• 52 weeks per year + 30 days holiday
• Hours are generally a mix of late shifts 3pm – 10pm, an early shift 7am-11am and long days
• Salary is £22, 464.00 + holiday allowance paid into your salary each month.
St. John’s is committed to the safeguarding and protection of young people, vulnerable adults and children.
Employment will be subject to the receipt of two satisfactory professional references, an enhanced DBS certificate and occupational health clearance.
We encourage applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.