If you’ve ever marvelled at the mosaics at Fishbourne Roman Palace, lost yourself in our Museum and Library in Lewes, or strolled through the gardens of Michelham Priory, you’ll understand why we’re so passionate about Sussex’s past. At The Sussex Archaeological Society, we discover, conserve and share this with the world - through academic research, learning and outreach activities, and by welcoming visitors to our historic venues.
With a new CEO recently appointed the future is bright for our historical Society – the oldest in the UK and we are now creating a new leadership team too!
We have created a new role of Head of Historic Properties to work with our property management teams to ensure that the on-site visitor experience strategy is delivered to a high standard. By focusing on putting the visitor at the heart of everything we do, you will ensure that the Sussex Archaeological Society delivers exceptional visitor experiences that leave our visitors feeling enthusiastic and motivated.
To join us, you’ll need:
• A successful track record of inspirational leadership and management in a multi-site environment.
• Demonstrable experience of working within the visitor attraction/tourism industry with a reputation for delivering excellent customer experience and service.
• Substantial leadership and development of high performing, geographically dispersed teams.
• Demonstrable experience of commissioning conditions surveys of a wide range of historic buildings/assets, together with analysing this information and preparing for works.
• Financial planning, management and control of significant budgets and resources.
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills
You can find further information - including how to apply and a job description on our website at www.sussexpast.co.uk/jobs
Applications should be made through our recruitment portal here:
Closing Date: 1st October 2021
Interviews: week beginning 4th October 2021