We are currently seeking to recruit:
• Qualified children and young people counsellors with a minimal of 2 years post qualified experience.
• Counsellors who have experience using solution focused methods, focusing on emotional supportive strategies such as safety and stabilisation techniques.
• Counsellors who have experience of working remotely, either via video or telephone.
• Counsellors who can offer 5 sessions per week
• Counsellors who are registered with a counselling professional body i.e. BACP or willing to register.
We are particularly interested in hearing from counsellors who have:
• Experience of working with young people who are dealing with issues related to either physical sensory needs, such as a visual/ hearing impairment, neurological sensory needs such as Autism or psychological sensory needs such as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
• Lived experience of the sensory needs mentioned above.
Please see further details below.
Sensing Friends is a non-profit community organisation providing eco-therapy peer support groups for young people experiencing sensory needs who are vulnerable to isolation, low self esteem and social exclusion. We are a unique organisation that works within nature in a creative and engaging way to help young people connect with each other and themselves. We define a sensory need broadly. A sensory need can be physical, such as visual or hearing impairment. It can also be neurological, such as sensory experiences related to Autism and/or psychological such as sensory experiences caused by trauma and PTSD.
We have an egalitarian code of practice that we hope is empowering for all who engage within Sensing Friends. Our code of practice upholds transparency and inclusion for all, at all times.
What we will offer
• We offer regular one to one support to our team of counsellors as and when needed.
• Induction and CPD, which includes 12 hours of in- house CPD on topics related to supporting the young people through the COVID-19 crisis.
• We offer ongoing fortnightly peer support groups.
What we require from Sensing Friends Freelance Counsellors:
• Have regular supervision with their own supervisor.
• Have up to date counselling insurance, including professional liability insurance.
• Current up to date enhanced DBS check or willing to be DBS checked.
Application and Interview Process.
• Please contact us below for an interview pack. The pack contains an application form which needs to be completed and returned by the closing date.
• Candidates will be interviewed by a panel via zoom.
• The interview dates will be on either Monday 10th August between 3pm-7pm or Thursday 13th August between 11am-3pm and then between 5pm-7pm.
Closing Date: 07/08/20
Contact Details: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.More info