Job Ref: STSW/Nov19
(This is for a permanent contract)
Are you looking for a new challenge and a genuinely rewarding job? We are seeking a full-time Support Worker to join our expert team, and we are also looking for relief/bank Support Workers.
Stopover provides Brighton & Hove’s only female-specific young person’s housing and support through trauma informed care.
This role is based in our Stopover 1, 2 and 3 houses which provide a pathway through high medium and low-level support.
The young women we work with often have a history of negative and damaging relationships including abuse and domestic violence as well as mental health issues, behavioural issues and substance misuse.
The role of the Support Worker is to provide a consistent positive professional relationship that will allow the young women to start to trust, open up and address the issues in their past.
--- You will:
• be committed to fostering positive professional relationships with the young women;
• have an understanding of the effects of early trauma on young women, and
• be able to provide on-going support through the transition within the Stopover accommodation pathway.
--- In return we offer:
• ongoing support and training;
• reflective practice with external facilitator;
• restorative circles with external facilitator;
• mindfulness, resilience and self-care with an external psychotherapist, and
• generous annual leave allowance.
This post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
If you would like to chat to someone about the role, please contact a member of the team on 01273 603775.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and the successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check.
For a full job description, person specification and application pack please visit our website by clicking the 'more info' button below.More info