ESTEEM is now able to continue previous methods of working in-person, while at the same time developing a virtual online offer. Thanks to the National Lottery Coronavirus Support fund, ESTEEM has a great opportunity in meeting the rapidly changing needs of young adults, as the world shifts to a more online presence.
Your role will be to ensure ESTEEM has facilities, policies, procedures and processes in place to run safe, effective activities from The Old School House and in the wider community. You will need to be able to deliver both practical and administrative aspects of Facilities Support. Accountable to CO, with some input from ESTEEM’s Business Administrator.
The role will be based at The Old School House (OSH) in Shoreham-by-Sea. There is also some scope to be able to work from home part of the time. This building needs small but regular maintenance and ESTEEM requires someone to coordinate the upkeep of the building as well as oversee H&S policies and procedures. ESTEEM needs to be able to respond to the necessary COVID-19 related safety measures which are continually changing. This role will enable more organisational capacity in meeting these needs effectively and efficiently. All ESTEEM H&S policies and procedure processess have been dramatically accelerated in order for ESTEEM to meet the new demands placed upon us.
The main areas of your role will be:
● Support the staff team with Health & Safety, facilities coordination, and training coordination, with a particular emphasis on COVID-19 safety measures.
● Monitor, maintain and develop The Old School House (OSH) systems and processes and oversee their implementation
● Build effective relationships both internally, and with third parties, including cleaners, trades people and local authority
● Arrange and assist with training for all staff to include COVID-19 safety measures, first aid and GDPR.
● Be the go-to person for all health and safety requirements
● Ensure all documentation are kept up to date and in line with legislation and action when compliance needs to be carried out
● Work closely with ESTEEM Management, assisting with operation tasks ● Edit, update and create policies and procedures (using pre-existing and new templates)
● Responsible to manage the Youth Office Assistant & the Cleaner, to include 8-weekly supervision sessions
● Look for, oversee and manage trades people required to complete maintenance tasks in the OSH
● Work alongside the Youth COAST Program manager and the CO to oversee OSH budget Person
Experience - at least 2 years of: Essential Desirable
1 EHO in training or qualified to EHORB level or Recognised
qualification in Health and Safety (NEBOSH National
Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (or equivalent)
2 Experience responsible for coordination of H&S and staff
training coordination in a professional capacity
3 Experience of carrying out and managing facilities tasks
related to facilities
4 Experience of interpreting and implementing health and
safety legislation and good practice in a commercial setting
5 Experience of enforcing health and safety regulation with
an enforcing authority
7 Demonstrable record of leading, motivating and inspiring
people, with understanding of a youth-led approach✓ 9 Experience in a charity/care environment ✓ 10 Experience of effective project management and working to
achieve set targets✓ 11 Efficient with attention to detail ✓
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge
1. Ability to research and implement organisational compliance aspects including Health and Safety, Covid-19 related and security of the site
2. Handle pressure well with the ability to multitask ✓
3. The ability to distinguish between conflicting demands, scheduling and planning work in order to meet priorities and deadlines
4. Strong organisational skills ✓
5. Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team ✓
6. Strong working knowledge of Google Drive and MS Office, in particular Excel
1. Helpful, cooperative and sensitive to the needs and feelings of others, including a commitment to the organisation being youth-led.
2. Demonstrate and promote ESTEEM’s core values ✓
3. Dynamic, energetic, imaginative and able to work responsively in a vibrant and fast-changing environment✓
4 Proactive individual who uses their initiative to get things done