Gig Buddies for Good Mental Health (or GBMH) covers Brighton & Hove and the immediate surrounding area, and matches adults experiencing Mental Health challenges with a volunteer who has similar interests, to go to events together that they both love. The project is run by Synergy Creative Community CIC, and is in partnership with local charity Stay Up Late, who created the original Gig Buddies model for adults with Learning Disabilities. The idea behind GBMH is to enable people experiencing Mental Health needs to enjoy all the great things going on in their community, especially live music.
We are looking for someone to take our social media strategy and content to new and interesting places. If you’re someone who loves social media and struggles to tear themselves away from Twitter, Facebook or Instagram and you are convinced that social media can be a powerful force for good we want to hear from you.
The role is Freelance £11 p/hour 10 hours weekly- fixed term for one year x44 weeks during the first year and is open to applications now.
Social Media Worker Job Duties:
• Manages Synergy CIC and Gig Buddies social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram Twitter, Mailchimp and other relevant platforms
• Engage in social media presence creation on new and emerging social media platforms
• Create dynamic written, graphic, and video content
• Create content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence on Gig Buddies sites, and encourages audience participation
• Work as part of a team to develop social media campaigns
• Analyse and report audience information and demographics, and success of existing social media projects
• Propose new ideas and concepts for social media content
• To be involved in the design and implementation of on-line fund raising campaign
using relevant platform and to be involved in other fundraising activities
• Write and distributes newsletters to stakeholders and subscribers
• Use timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analysing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimize visits
• Coordinating and facilitating joint activities with Synergy’s Peer Support projects, including supporting peers to engage and participate.
These duties provide a framework for the role and should not be regarded as a definitive list. Other reasonable duties may be required consistent with the post. You will be part of a small team that is based across Brighton East and West Sussex.
How to apply
Please send us your CV and a cover letter detailing your experience and why you would like to work with us. Maximum 500 words.
All applications must be sent to Jo Bates at :email@example.com
Pre-employment checks Employment with Synergy will be subject to the following checks prior to your start date: • a satisfactory police record check to include a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and/or an International Criminal Record Check • receipt of satisfactory references • proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Deadline for applications
9 Mar 2021
The role is Freelance £11 p/hour 10 hours weekly fixed term for one year x44 weeks during the first year and is open to applications now.
Hours per week
10 hours per week
Arts / Music / Culture IT / Digital Marketing / Fundraising / Campaigning Mental Health / Recovery Workers