This is a new position with opportunities to shape key messaging, brand profile and positioning of the organisation in line with our strategic objectives.
In return you'll benefit from competitive pay, flexible working hours, excellent holiday entitlement, positive working culture, access to the NHS pension scheme, training and much more. Plus, the opportunity to make a valuable contribution to an important organisation serving some of the most vulnerable people in our city.
We are interested to hear from anyone who is highly motivated, creative, has a great work ethic, shows a positive disposition, is adaptable, highly organised and passionate about our vision.
The role will include:
- Taking a lead in the creating of a communications strategy and working alongside the executive team and develop it on an ongoing basis.
- Working with the team to coordinate the communications of campaigns to promote the work of Arch and build our brand profile.
- Planning, developing and creating content for various media and social media channels and platforms to communicate our work in Brighton.
- Creating and delivering traditional and digital content in line with the communications strategy to help Arch Health achieve its aim
- Engaging with the whole team to support and provide quality control for content creation by other staff and volunteers and ensure communications messages are consistent through the organisation
- Engaging media organisations and building relationships to support the ongoing campaigning
- Engaging with the public and the media through digital channels
- Plan and create on-brand compelling content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, including writing copy, using design tools to create visual content such as infographics and memes and editing short videos.
- Ensure that comments and questions on Arch’s social media are responded to swiftly, effectively and in our organisational tone of voice.
- Creating compelling and newsy content for Arch’s website, coordinating content from others in the team, and creating joined-up user journeys across social media and the website.
- Keeping website up to date.
- Coordinating the planning and delivery of exciting content around key events
- Writing and distributing press releases, engaging local and national press and other media
This job description is intended as an outline indicator of general areas of activity and will be amended in light of the changing needs of Arch. It is expected that the post holder will be as positive and flexible as possible in using this document as a framework, and in performing other duties commensurate with these responsibilities, the band of the post and skills and qualification of the post-holder.
- Experience in a marketing and/or communications role
- A strategic and creative thinker with experience planning and delivering digital and print campaigns and stakeholder communications, internally and externally
- Experienced user of WordPress and Mailchimp or other equivalent applications
- Day-to-day working knowledge of GDPR policy and procedures for comms work
- Demonstrable ability to work under own initiative
- Demonstrable ability to work in a team
- Demonstrable ability to build relationships with various stakeholders such as press, partner organisations, people who use the service and staff
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable flexible and adaptable approach
- Commitment to work within the values of Arch.
- Experience of data analysis
- Creative media experience (eg video, graphic design or animation)
- PR experience