You will need highly developed interpersonal and communication skills to make and sustain partnerships and business relationships across sectors. Demonstrating the ability to lead, as well as work effectively within a team.
Highly competent IT and organisation skills, with the ability to manage multiple deadlines is of paramount importance.
Part time post 28 hours per week
Salary £36,922 – £39,880 per annum (pro-rata)
Closing Date: Friday 23 April 2021 at 9am
Interview: Week commencing 26 April (via Zoom)
We are pleased to offer flexible working arrangements to enable successful service delivery. Immediate starts can be accommodated.
We actively encourage applications from disabled people in accordance with a policy of equal opportunity. We guarantee an interview if you demonstrate you meet the minimum criteria and have let us know you’re a disabled person.
For an application pack visit https://www.possabilitypeople.org.uk/about-us/work-for-us/
The overall management, business development and marketing of the At Home service. The post holder will be expected to have several years’ experience of staff and service management.
The post holder will have managerial responsibility for the At Home Registered Manager and Service Administrator.
You will be responsible for managing staff teams including the day-to-day management and development of the At Home service. Building productive relationships with key stakeholders, promoting our services to encourage business growth and development, whilst building on existing provision and identifying gaps.
You will report to the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and contribute to the strategic direction of the organisation.
1. Provide day-to-day management support and regular supervision to the Registered Manager and At Home Service Administrator. Ensuring the correct management and direction is in place for members of their teams.
2. Provide day-to-day management support for the At Home service.
3. Ensure the At Home service is user-led, person centred and promotes choice and control through good support planning processes.
4. Lead on At Home service quality assurance and assist other service managers with quality assurance procedures
5. Respond to new and existing tenders and proposals in collaboration with members of the SLT.
6. Identify and lead on new areas of business development and service recognition following up any identified new business opportunities and represent the company in a professional manner at all times
7. To oversee the on-call service to ensure that the service is safe out of hours.
8. To be responsible for financial controls ensuring service activities are financially viable, this includes but is not limited to debt reconciliation, and ensuring clients are within budget at all times, raising concerns where necessary.
9. Oversee the delivery of monthly payroll and invoicing.
10. To oversee the implementation of effective monitoring systems, ensuring timely and accurate records are kept for staff e.g. recruitment, induction, supervision, training, appraisals, and spot checks.
11. Through effective management, ensure personalised and regularly updated plans, risk assessments, policies and contracts are in place for clients. Initiating updates and changes when necessary.
12. Oversee all administrative functions of the At Home service
13. Develop the business into new markets starting with capitalising on recent accreditations
14. Lead weekly team meetings to discuss strategic, operational and service development issues.
15. Maintain oversight of overall service performance
16. Work with the organisations Communications Manager to deliver the service PR Plan.
17. Work closely with internal and external agencies to ensure the smooth set-up of services and ongoing professional relationships.
18. Ensure team actions are delivered in a timely manner.
19. Regularly review the service development plan
20. Produce regular written reports on business development for the Board of Trustees.
21. Lead on any service complaints and ensure they are dealt with in line with Possability People’s complaints procedure sustaining a proactive and positive approach to complaints
22. Lead on the development and operation of strategies, to enable the service to accomplish its business objectives
Essential experience and qualities
a) Experience in service development or management
b) Proven track record of service and staff management, demonstrating the ability to lead and motivate staff to successfully meet targets
c) Successful in responding to service tenders and developing proposals to expand business opportunities, or an excellent track record in writing successful funding bids
d) Ability to manage, grow, develop and re-design services
e) Experience of budgeting, business planning and financial control procedures
f) Highly developed interpersonal and communicationMore info