• We house and provide support to adults (18+) who have enduring and complex mental health care & support needs, who have had funding agreed by Adult Social Care.
• Our clients will often have experienced hospital admissions under Section according to the Mental Health Act and will join our service upon discharge.
• Our clients will have been assessed as requiring a 24-hour staffing provision, with sleeping nights between 10pm and 8am.
• When assessing our clients, we look for motivation to engage with a recovery focussed support plan to enable them to move on to more independent living in the future.
• We adopt a person-centred and holistic approach to support; we want to get to know the individual and help them to feel empowered and able to lead on their own recovery with more self-awareness and confidence.
• We work to empower people through life skills development and goal-focused support planning so that our clients can maintain their accommodation and manage their mental health and wellbeing.
• We focus on client involvement and co-production to ensure those living in our service have a say in our service.
• We work in a psychologically informed way by applying our knowledge, skills and reflections to build a strong and supportive team and to provide compassionate care and support to our clients.
• To take therapeutic approaches to build resilience and coping strategies to prevent hospital admission/re-admission.
• To enable our clients to achieve greater independence and move-on to less-supported accommodation within a two-year timeframe.
• To support our clients to develop ways of living alongside their mental health diagnosis and to build a range of individualised coping skills.
• Have experience of working within care & support.
• Demonstrate an understanding of how to form trusting and professional relationships with clients.
• Place value in person-centred support.
• Be able to communicate effectively with a range of people.
• Have a supportive and empathic nature.
Bank Cover Worker
Salary: £10.48 per hour plus Sleep-In £99.53 (10pm to 10am), which is inclusive of Holiday pay at 12.07%
Based in Brighton & Hove
5.5% (Reviewed annually) pension contribution.
Applicants must have availability to work shifts on multiple days of the week, including weekends
• A paid induction
• Supportive management and team
• Positive working environment
• Opportunities for relevant training
Shift Details (these are variable dependent on need, but for the general structure please see below):
• Early: 09:00-17:00
• Late: 12:00-20:00
• Night: 16:00-22:00 with a 10 hour sleep-in (22:00-08:00) followed by 08:00-10:00 the following day.
For full details and to apply please go to our website www.bht.org.uk or email email@example.com
Closing Date: 12 noon, Monday 3rd February, 2020
Interview Date: Tuesday 11th February, 2020