We hope everyone is safe and well. Please find our latest update and list of resources here. Do get in touch if there is anything in particular you are searching for and we will see if we can pass on the best organisation or service to contact.
- AudioActive are developing ways we can continue to offer free delivery and opportunities to young people during lockdown – especially those with limited resources. Survey here for young people to see what they might want to get out of our online presence in the coming weeks. Click here
- Albion in Community: Helping young people stay Active at Home , releasing new videos showing them football skills. Click here
- AbilityNet in response to the Coronavirus emergency is running a series of live online events to help share useful information for disabled people and their carers and employers. See here
- Real Junk Food Project: Lots of info on their Facebook page here regarding their food hubs where you can get food.
- Supermarket Opening Hours: Due to change this weekend due to Easter holidays. Argus has compiled list of revised hours here
- Food Partnership regularly update their website regarding access to food and food banks during this time. See here
- Ageing Well has great help page for people 50 plus during Coronavirus. See page here
Update from the Wellbeing Service regarding changes to this mental health provision during COVID-19 In response to Covid-19 we are working with mental health services across the county to ensure that our acute and crisis mental health services are staffed, the most vulnerable patients able to access ongoing support and NHS staff are able to access the mental health support they require. Due to this, some of our staff are being asked to support crisis and front line services. We are therefore having to adapt our service offer to our clients.
Due to the redeployment of staff to crisis services and the restrictions in social distancing we have currently had to paused our provision of F2F therapy, treatment, assessments and groups and instead are offering telephone support as an interim measure. We are aware that for certain groups of clients where F2F would be most appropriate, this is limiting their ability to access our service at this time and want to reassure you that we are working hard to find a solution.
We are in the process of developing online psychoeducational support in our adult service, and for children and young people with a hearing impairment who are 13+, the service is able to offer written online therapy via e-wellbeing.
We are currently finalising our alternative service offer so please keep an eye on our website for further updates. If you have any concerns, please contact us at email@example.com and we would be happy to discuss this with you.
- Brighton and Hove Healthy Lifestyles Team, running a 5 ways to wellbeing campaign on their website here
- Grow has some lovely prompts for nature journaling and wellbeing , and enables us to get our nature fix when we may be stuck up home. See here
Museums and Libraries:
- Many art galleries and museums are offering virtual tours. This Guardian article lists some of the best ones here
- Download the free RBDigital app to borrow eBooks, Audiobooks, Magazines, Comics & GraphicNovels with your library card: http://bit.ly/BHRBDig
- Don’t have a library card? https://bit.ly/BHlibsJoinHere
- Good article on gardening tips, with lots of ideas on saving money here
- Carousel’s Sarah Watson is setting an art challenge every week. See their Facebook for more details here.