We hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. Please see this mondays’ update of information and resources which we hope will be of use below. Don’t forget all Community Base staff are still working remotely, so do get in touch if you need us. Our contact details are here (simply select on the dropdown menu who you need to contact)
- Healthwatch is regularly issuing updates and our website contains info and FAQs and people might find this useful.
- Latest Government Covid 19 advice here
Relationships / domestic violence:
- Relate currently offers live chat, telephone and webcam counselling services. For more information call 01293 657055 or visit their website.
- Bright Sky is a free to download mobile app, providing support and information to anyone who may be in an abusive relationship or those concerned about someone they know. Available on the Android Play store here or Apple Store here
- Survivors Network have published their latest update here which says their helpline will run from 12-2pm (rather than in the evening) from Wednesday 1 April.
- Update from Rise on their services and contact number on their website here.
Food Banks and Shopping:
- The brilliant Food Partnership are updating their website here daily information of Food Banks, help with shopping etc.
- Brighton Community Centre & Families Project is running an emergency food parcel delivery service Tues-Friday (deliveries on Tues, Thurs, & Fri) for households on low income. Use their Facebook page and website for more information. They are currently supporting households as far as Southwick and Peacehaven! Therefore they are requesting that if clients have access to the internet to complete online form which is on the homepage or call 01273 671 213, leave a message and someone will get back to you.
- Refugee Radio’s mental health support group for refugees and asylum seekers will now be going online due to the current situation. 3pm-5pm every Monday, but now we will be meeting up online through Zoom, instead of at our office in Community Base. Anyone new who would like to join us should email email@example.com for more information or call 01273 234868.
- Sussex Interpreting Services are still running their vital interpreting services and offering remote interpreting, full details on their website here
Books / Audio Books:
- As all Brighton and Hove Libraries are closed you can borrow books online and also download audio books via borrow box, further info here
- Brighton and Hove Libraries: Are doing free video story reading on their Facebook page here.
- Kew Gardens online resources: Kew has launched online resources for KS1 TO KS5 children here
- Sussex Wildlife Trust: ‘Go Wild At Home’, have some great resources online and also really good to do with children too, here.