Please find todays’ update below.
Local Brighton & Hove Services:
- If you are searching for a local Brighton and Hove service, take a look at our 2020 Poster Service Guide here. Some of the organisations operational hours may have changed due to current situation, so please check direct with them.
- Brighton Womens Centre ‘Peer to Peer Support Service’ is still running via video call , and they are accepting self identifying women to the group who need the service. Please see their website for more details and contact info here.
- Open Strings have the following new services:
- for people who are socially isolated: our online Musical Box Scheme has a small number of free spaces available: these are monthly screen-based visits from a friendly musician, with a wipeable resource pack for people to explore between sessions, to combat social isolation and promote cognitive stimulation and connection. “I thought it would be remote feeling but it wasn’t. I am surprised at how interactive it was. It gave me a real lift. I was feeling blue, but I don’t anymore. We will put some music on and carry on the theme.” email Anna: email@example.com / call 01273 569096 www.openstrings.co.uk
- for teams: we offer virtual musical teambuilding and staff wellbeing sessions for creative connections! ”Like a mini holiday – fun and profound, relaxing, and refreshing” email Bela: firstname.lastname@example.org /call 01273 569096 www.openstrings.co.uk
- for everyone: we have just launched Musical Windows, on our facebook page: a short video series to brighten people’s day, packed with musical activities, things listen to and interact with, and tasters of what we are offering in our online one-to-one sessions. Musical requests taken! A new Musical Window each day this week, and then weekly: www.facebook.com/openstringsmusic